Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Bradford Bazaar....

On Monday one of my neighbours mentioned to my mum that some relatives were coming to visit and she really needed some fabric for gifts but her sons weren't home to take her and would I. I wasn't the least bit impressed as I'd only just gone upstairs to try and finish a letter I'd started but didn't get very far with. I had no choice really but to go as its how we all come in handy to each other (in the past I've taken her for appointments and now there are times when her sons drop my mum off at appointments).

The shop she wanted to go to was closed so we ended up going to a market style store which used to be called Kapra Bazaar (Fabric Market) but changed the name to Bradford Bazaar. As it has only recently opened it was fairly empty which made it easy for me to take the above photos and enjoy the newness of everything. I don't know if this market will work out as the original bazaar was opened opposite this one and was forced to close when the lease ended so in the meantime a lot of people bought other buildings and have opened exactly the same thing opening on the same days (since they aren't open everyday). Also they all more or less sell what I have taken photos of above.

Still it is nice to have the option of having all these places to buy great clothes/fabric from as well as jewellery and shoes to match.  

I didn't buy anything exciting on this day except some black fabric for some trousers, a cardigan for my mum and a mehndi cone for my niece which I usually decorate the back of her hand with.

I know on the label I've spelt bazaar wrong but I realised too late and had already deleted all the photos off my phone. Still people will spell Bazaar in a million different ways like many other words, I guess that's the downside to writing everything phonetically since the urdu writing is similar to arabic but not the same. Saying that though I often read blog posts back later and wonder whether I was drunk when writing them...

Do you enjoy going to Markets and Do you have many where you live?

6 comments:

  1. i love to window shop just to walk and look

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice just to wonder around looking at all the different designs etc... as some styles I just wouldn't wear but are nice to look at and others are just too expensive.

      Delete
  2. Where I live there are markers the last Sunday of the month but you know I have never been done to the market and have a wonder around why because I usually forget about it.......lol and when I say where I live I mean a 7 minute walk or a 2 minute drive...........lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its hard to remember something that doesn't happen on a weekly bases as the days just whizz by. We only used to have car boot sales or sunday markets which to start with I would forget about but also they hardly exist anymore.

      Delete
  3. Bizarre works too :) I really would love to go to a shop like that, don't think i would get out empty handed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think its why I accidently wrote it and no ones questioned it as it still sounds the same but the meanings just completely different. I never leave without anything even if its a pick and mix.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...